Sunday, February 5, 2012

Groomsmen Cards


Like I said before, Charlie is the creative one. I like to think I am too, but he can actually bring things from an idea to reality. This is exactly how his groomsmen invitations got to be so fabulous.

We have a relatively big party - 9 bridesmaids and groomsmen each. All the books we read said to wait until a little closer to the wedding to decide on the party, but we were 100% positive on the friends we wanted in ours. And, since this fall we had so long until the wedding, it gave us something to do then!

Charlie went with the Goodfellas theme for a few reasons. One, he's totally a movie buff. Two, it takes place in the NYC area, and that's definitely a semi- "theme" of the wedding. Finally, he said one quote from the movie reminds him of his friends (it's on the front of the book in the picture to the left).

The invites consisted of a poster he Photoshopped based on the movie's poster (I think they're hilarious!), a book with the quote, name of each groomsman and some details of the day, and personalized address and return labels.

Thankfully, the invites were a hit with the guys. I know the extras we kept will be a keepsake from the planning. Next I'll be showing off my bridesmaid cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment